- I successfully defended and deposited my doctoral dissertation in September 2010.
- Prometheus library used in CS758: Programming Current and Future Multicore Processors (Fall 2009) (Fall 2010).
- My dissertation work explores a new parallel execution model called data-driven decomposition, which uses an annotated sequential program to realize race-free, determinate parallel execution, achieving performance competitive with conventional multithreaded technqiues. In the past I have studied parallelizing program instrumentation, architectural support for software reliability, and program slicing.
- Matthew David Allen. Data-Driven Decomposition of Sequential Programs for Determinate Parallel Execution. University of Wisconsin, September 2010. PDF (2.9MB).
- Matthew D. Allen, Srinath Sridharan, and Gurindar S. Sohi. Serialization Sets: A Dynamic Dependence-Based Parallel Execution Model. In Proceedings of the 14th symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming (PPoPP '09). Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 14-18 February 2009. PDF (733kb), talk slides (943kb). © ACM, 2009. This is the author's version of the work. It is posted here by permission of ACM for your personal use. Not for redistribution. The definitive version was published in Proceedings of the 14th ACM SIGPLAN symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1504176.1504190
- Matthew Allen and Susan Horwitz. Slicing Java Programs that Throw and Catch Exceptions. In Proceedings of the 2003 workshop on Partial Evaluation and semantics-based Program Manipulation (PEPM '03). San Diego, California, USA 7 June 2003. PDF (313kb), talk slides (804kb). © ACM, 2003. This is the author's version of the work. It is posted here by permission of ACM for your personal use. Not for redistribution. The definitive version was published in Proceedings of the 2003 ACM SIGPLAN workshop on Partial Evaluation and semantics-based Program Manipulation, http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/777388.777394
- Matthew D. Allen and Gurindar S. Sohi. Metadata-Based Parallelization of Program Instrumentation. University of Wisconsin Computer Sciences Department Technical Report #1608. August 2007 (Revised March 2008). PDF (229 kb)