I am a graduate student in the Computer Sciences Department.
- NEC Laboratories America Inc., Princeton, NJ Research Intern June 2006 – Aug 2006
- Yahoo Software Development India
Pvt. Ltd., India
Co-op Jan 2005 – June 2005
Project Title: Development and Setup of WAP server for Yahoo! Mobile
- University of Wisconsin –Madison, WI, USA
Introduction to Computer Networks Sep 2006 – present
Introduction to programming Sep 2005 – May 2006
Project Title: Location-dependent data dissemination in Vehicular Networks
- Query Compression for Efficient Data Filtering in Sensor Networks The communication burden on sensor networks monitoring certain conditions of the environment is reduced by matching the conditions (queries) with the data generated by performing in-network joins. Given that sensor motes have limited memory, it is not always possible to store all the queries on the motes. This project proposes and evaluates a solution by compressing queries. It defines the cost associated with compression in terms of redundant data generated and proposes mechanisms to reduce the number of queries keeping the cost low.
- Automated Access to Parking lots using Passive RFID Tags This project aimed at designing and implementing an RFID based system that provided automated access and billing to vehicles having passive tags to parking lots. It involved experiments to understand the interference, range and power properties of RFID readers, designing schemes that would singulate multiple vehicles and implementing a pilot system consisting of a reader, photo-eye and gate using the APIs provided by the reader.
- The Case of Large Issue Buffers in
Undue importance is given to the idea of increasing issue buffer size
for achieving performance improvements in superscalar processors. This
debunks the architecture motivated by the above misconception proposed in “A large, Fast instruction Window for Tolerating Cache Misses”. It shows that speedups similar to that using large issue buffers can also be achieved by just increasing the size of the reorder buffer. It also demonstrates that comparable performance enhancements achieved using WIB can also be achieved by having issue buffer of slightly larger sizes.
- Design of a Pointing Device for Multimedia Projector The project involved the design of a pointing device for a multimedia projector which would give full control to the user over the motion of the mouse pointer and perform all the basic functions of a mouse. For selecting an area on the projected screen the user has to point a laser light at it which is captured using a camera arrangement. Clicks are performed using Infrared sensors.
Load Balancing in Large-Scale RFID Systems
Accepted in IEEE INFOCOM 2007 (Minisymposium), Anchorage, Alaska
Full version currently under submission to Ad Hoc Networks (Elsevier)
Towards Robust Localization Using ‘Wireless Congruity’
Eighth IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications
HOTMOBILE 2007, Tucson, Arizona
Packet Classifiers in Ternary CAMs Can Be Smaller
International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems
ACM SIGMETRICS-2006, Saint-Malo, France.
Error Analysis in Reconstruction of a Parabola in 3-D from two arbitrary perspective views
Proceedings of Vision Geometry XIII IS&T/SPIE International Symposium, Electronic Imaging 2005
San Jose, California
- Advanced Computer Architecture (A)
- Advanced Computer Networks (A)
- Topics in Database Management (A)
- Mobile and Wireless Networking (A)
- Advanced Operating Systems (A)
- Computer System Modeling Fundamentals (A)
- Advanced Natural Language Processing
- Introduction to Information Security
- Ice Skating I (S)
- Ballroom Dancing I (S)
- Technology Entrepreneurship (S)
- Tennis I (S)
- Tennis II
- CS/ECE 354 - Machine Organization and Programming Jan 2007 - present
- CS 640 - Introduction to Computer Networks Sep 2006 – Dec 2006
- CS 302 - Introduction to programming Sep 2005 – May 2006