Le Minh Khue, Ho Anh Thai, et al. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:18:57 -0500
From: Wayne Karlin <WayneK@charles.cc.md.us>
To: anhai@cs.washington.edu
Subject: Le Minh Khue, Ho Anh Thai, et al.

I'm Le Minh Khue's co-editor in the Unite States--also Ho Anh Thai's.  You
might already know this, but she and I and Truong Vu, in the US, edited the
anthology The Other Side of Heaven;: Postwar Fiction by Vietnamee and
American Writers, which contains both Khue and Thai's work, as well as many
others.  It's available from Curbstone Press--you can get info from Judy
Henshi at Uwash.  As I said, I suspect you know this already--perhaps I met
you when we were in Seattle in 95.  I wanted to alert you and anyone else who
might be interested that a collection of Le Minh Khue's short stories,
translated by Bac Hoai Tran and Dana sachs, and edited by me, will be
published by Curbstone Press in about a month.

 Its title will be The Stars, The Earth, The Sky: Fiction by Le Minh Khue.
We will also be doing a book by Ho Anh Thai next year, and other
contemporary Vietnamese writers as well.  Curbstone's number is
860-423-5110 or curbston@connix.com.  My e mail is
wkarlin@charles.cc.md.us   I would be really interested in translations or
even synopsis of any articles about Khue and/or Thai in the Vietnamese
and/or Viet Kieu press.  Thanks .