Re: Rice export

Hello anh AiViet and folks,

	My family in Kien Giang said that the problem was due
to price and admistrative bundle. The private sector offers
a lower price than the governmental sector. However, the
private sector has problem in exporting rice. When people
try to sell their rice to governmental agencies, they have
to go through a very cumbersome procedure (sound familiar?)
and no one is prepared to do that. The result: u+' ddo^.ng
ga.o. Co' ga.o o+? ddo' ma` kho^ng co' tie^`n!

	Although VN is ranked as number 2 or 3 in terms of
rice export, I think we have a long way to go to compete
head-to-head with neighbour country like Thailand. Our
problem is that our rice is not that of high quality. So
far, we have mainly exported to Eastern bloc or poorer
countries; we have not been able to penetrate lucrative
market in Western countries in a great quantity, which
Thailand has dominated the market for years. If you live in
the Mekong Delta provinces you will see that those machines
and factories for processing rice are primitive and
outdated. Consequently, our processed rice is not clean
enough, immature and low quality. To compete with Thai in
this market, we must improve our quality and pricing
system.

	Tuan V Nguyen