[HELP] UNIX mailer

To all computer expert

I have my mail account in a HP-UNIX workstation. I heard that
if a file named .forward (name ??) in the login directory, the
mail can be redirected to other account. Can anybody tell me
what is to write inside this file ?

Actually, I want to make some program (shell script would be
fine) and run it on the background. The program will check
my mail periodically and searching through the text or the
SUBJECT field and if it finds certain string, it will take
certain actions. Like saving it in certain folder or just
direct it to NULL. Is it possible to do that ? Do you have
any clue where in the internet that I can find information
related to the UNIX mailer handling ?

The reason I want to do this is because sometime, I do not have
much time and the VNSA "bombardment" (by email message) seems
to be too heavy.

Thanks

Nguyen N. D.