Re: [HELP] UNIX mailer

> I have my mail account in a HP-UNIX workstation. I heard that
> if a file named .forward (name ??) in the login directory, the
> mail can be redirected to other account. Can anybody tell me
> what is to write inside this file ?

Below is my simple .forward file to forward email sent to one account to
other account. I just put the declaration of the target address to it:
	lpbinh@maia.cl.au.ac.th
so all of mail to the account will be forward to lpbinh@maia.cl.au.ac.th
> Actually, I want to make some program (shell script would be
> fine) and run it on the background. The program will check
> my mail periodically and searching through the text or the
> SUBJECT field and if it finds certain string, it will take
> certain actions. Like saving it in certain folder or just
> direct it to NULL. Is it possible to do that ? Do you have
> any clue where in the internet that I can find information
> related to the UNIX mailer handling ?

we are using a free download program here named procmail, since I ported
it to the system long time ago and have used it just to deliver messages
to folder based on the target address of the message (in case of only one
emaill address for you, but you subscribed to some mailing lists), so I am
not so sure if this program can be used for your requirement or not, but
should try it.

Hope it can help something

PhuBinh