George Harrison/Middle of The Road

Hello "old" folks,

Please let me brush on your rusty knowledge a little bit :-)

> Chang thay ba'c nao nhac den "While my guitar gently sweeps", "Here
> comes the sun", "Back to the USSR" ...

"While My Guitar ..." and "Back to The USSR" were on "The White Album",
and "Here Comes The Sun" was on "Abbey Road". An interesting fact: Eric
Clapton played the guitar solo on "While My Guitar ...", not George
Harrison. They were close friends actually. So close that Eric fell in
love with George's wife, and his love was so intense that he wrote
a song entitled "Layla" to express his feelings. Later she was flattered (?)
and indeed became Eric's wife, after getting divorced from George.
Romantic, wasn't it?

(Check out "Layla" from Clapton's "Unplugged" album; it's a very
good acoustic version of this song. I also have the original song
released in 1970, which has a beautiful slide guitar work at the end
from Duane Allman. I always get chilled when listening to it.)

"Here Comes The Sun" was one of a few songs written by George Harrison
during the Beatles period. It became a number one hit eventually.
Lots of people used to say that George was unfortunate, since his
talents were overshadowed by the ingenious pair of Lennon and McCartney.
Another good song from George, which is also from "Abbey Road",
is "Something". I like it even more than "Here Comes ...".

> BTW, co ba'c na`o thich CCR: "Who stops the rain", "Have you ever seen"

What stands for CCR???

> There is an old Scotish band of my days: " Middle of the Road", which was
> also cool. Do young guys know about this band?

You must be amazed! I am 26 years old, and I know this band! Actually I
was listening to them when I was 5-6 years old. Somebody got an album
from them, and we listened to it days and nights. The have many
silly songs like "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" (sounds silly, doesn't it?)
Actually the pop critics named a musical style which developed during
the 70's after their name, (guess what?) "Middle of The Road". This style
covers entertainment and dance music from groups like ABBA and so on.
Simple music, most of the time silly, but enjoyable and most important,
danceable! Do I wet your appetite or what? :-)

Cheers,

-Thanh