Re: Borland vs Microsoft

Hi Anh Hung,
1)  Oh, no. My father did not work at MIT. So it is not incentive at all
for me to defend its copyright :-))
  The first version of X-W was released in 1984, as the first network based
window system.Actually the basic idea of the Project Athena at MIT was
originated by another Standford's idea. The standalone GUI  appeared even
earlier.

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Hoang Quoc-Hung wrote:

> Xin lo^~i anh Ai Vie^.t. Tha^'y kha'c y' kie^'n thi` xin su+?a giu`m mong anh
> ddu+`ng gia^.n. Ne^'u to^i no'i sai, cu~ng ra^'t mong dduo.c chi? ba?o.

2) Agree. That was why I used the simple present. X-windows are just a
standard library on which the GUI applications can be implemented. The
applications can be user friendly, but the library is not.

3) A comment about Smalltalk. It is the only object-oriented language (
not just a pioneer). C++ is only an attempt to simulate the OO paradigm,
but not realy ( even Java).

Cheers
Aiviet