Re: Modelling in CS and Physics

Hello Ut Say,

   I want to see the patterns derived from some general principles. To
me, the patterns of the gang of four are beautiful but we can wonder
why we should use these subjective patterns but not others.

  Concerning objectification: you have a C code without any objects
defined ( not OOD). You want to translate it to a C++. Actually you
cannot do it automatically. You have to study the application again and
design new objects and rewrite almost all the codes ( I know you can
use a wrapper technique to simplify the task a little bit). How to
automate this process is still a challenge.

   I want to see a translator that convert a C code into a OOD C++
codes. However, I think we need more input than just the C code. The
question is what is the  additional input we need to convert C codes
into OOD C++ codes.

I hope my question is clear now.

Cheers
Aiviet

PS: Business application:Step 1) convert Cobol into C (
straightforward),Step 2) convert C into C++ ( my question)
Step 3) porting to client-server architecture Step 4) collect $$$$ :-))