Applied Tribology (Byron, WI)
Software Developer (By contract from June 2005)
- Developed engineering programs used for research and development.
- Refactored legacy engineering programs from BASIC to Python.
- Created GUI for legacy TrueBASIC programs.
Logos Bible Software (Bellingham, WA)
Software Development Intern (Summer 2008 & 2009)
- Developed the C#/WPF application, Logos Bible Software 4.
- Worked with a team of developers in design and development.
- Created unit tests for critical parts of software architecture.
Brunswick — Mercury Marine (Fond du Lac, WI)
Software Development Co-op (July 2006 to August 2007)
- Provide development services to Design and Engineering department.
- Worked closely with a small team of developers.
- Interfaced with Oracle database to develop web applications from scratch.
University of Wisconsin—Madison
|Attended:||Spring 2008—Present (May 2011 Graduation)|
|Studied:||Computer Science (Major), Mathematics (Certificate)|
University of Wisconsin—Fond du Lac
|Location:||Fond du Lac, WI|
|Studied:||General Education Courses|
Carnegie Mellon University
|Attended:||Fall 2007—Spring 2008|
|Studied:||Electrical and Computer Engineering|
- CS 559: Computer Graphics
- CS 367: Intro. to Data Structures
- Math 240: Discrete Mathematics
- Math 435: Cryptography
Sugar Plotter Activity
NEST Software Competition Team Leader (Fall 2009-Present)
- Coordinate two other developers in software engineering.
- Created initial code branch (https://launchpad.net/sugar-plotter-activity).
One Laptop Per Child—Madison Chapter
Technical Specialist (Fall 2009-Present)
- Updated software and operating system for laptops.
- Maintained laptop hardware, and coordinated needed repairs.
- Maintained an inventory of laptops and parts.
Blackhawk Church College Age Ministry
Web developer (2009)
- Created new backend code to create significantly less code duplication.
- Created "pretty urls" to hide '.php' from users.
- Worked with two other developers in updating site as needed.
Fondy Fire (FIRST Robotics Team)
Software Team Leader (2007)
- Developed embedded code used to control the robot.
- Designed and coded the team website.
- Trained less-experienced students in software development.
- Documented more advanced topics to benefit others.
- See http://www.firstwiki.net/index.php/Using_the_USB_chicklet
- SQL and ORM databases
- Windows Presentation Framework (WPF)
- Windows XP/Vista
- MacOS X
- Microsoft Office (COM)
- Visual Studio 2008, Eclipse, Dreamweaver
- Subversion, Bazaar
- Dean's List, University of Wisconsin—Madison: Spring 2009
- Dean's List, High Honors, UW—Fond du Lac: Fall 2008
- Dean's List, Carnegie Institute of Technology: Fall 2007
- Dean's List, Carnegie Institute of Technology: Spring 2008