I am a PhD candidate in the Department of Computer Sciences at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. I am presently working in Database Systems Group with Prof. Jignesh M. Patel on high performance, relational database system called Quickstep, designed for multi-core and multi-socket hardware platforms.
I work on all the modules on Quickstep, but my specialization is in the scheduling aspects of Quickstep. The Quickstep scheduler is designed to leverage the high degree of parallelism offered by the hardware effectively (utilization) and efficiently (performance) to execute queries. Quickstep started as a research project in UW under the leadership of Prof. Jignesh M. Patel and was later acquired by Pivotal Inc. (News link). Quickstep is now an Apache (incubating) open-source project.
Before grad school, I graduated from BITS Pilani, India with a Masters in Mathematics and Bachelors in Computer Science. I had a brief stint at Cisco Systems, Bangalore between my two student lives.
Please find my CV here.
- Database scheduling
- Database resource management
- Main memory database systems
|Pivotal Inc, Palo Alto, USA||Intern||June'15 to Aug'15||
|Samsung, San Jose, USA||Research Intern||May'14 to Aug'14||
|Cisco, Bangalore, India||Software Engineer||Jul'11 to Jun'12||
|EMC, Bangalore, India||Student Intern||Jan'11 to Jun'11||
|Fall 2012||Math 222: Calculus and Analytic Geometry||Conduct discussion, design in-class exams, grading, office hour consultation. Received a favorable 4.33 rating out of 5.0 from my students.|
|Spring 2016||CS 354: Machine Organization and Programming||Guest lectures on assembly level programming.|
|Fall 2012||CS 642 : Introduction to Computer Security||Thomas Ristenpart|
|Fall 2012||CS 764 : Topics in DBMS||Jignesh M. Patel|
|Spring 2013||CS 752 : Advanced Computer Architecture I||Nam Sung Kim|
|Spring 2013||CS 784 : Advanced Topics in DBMS||AnHai Doan|
|Fall 2013||CS 706 : Analysis of Software Artifacts||Ben Liblit|
|Fall 2013||CS 736 : Advanced Operating Systems||Andrea Arpaci-Dusseau|
|Spring 2014||CS 720 : Integer Programming||James Luedtke|
|Spring 2014||CS 760 : Machine Learning||David Page|
- I am the coordinator of the weekly seminar series in the Database group at the UW-Madison.
- I worked as a volunteer for BITSAA International, in particular I helped in operations of BITS2MSPhD, an initiative that helps BITSians in their graduate studies applications.
- In the past, I worked for BITS Embryo, a completely student driven initiative that organizes video lectures and mini-courses to provide students a global perspective in addition to the classroom learning.
- My undergraduate friends and I, together instituted Award for Excellence in Computer Science to recognize Computer Science research and/or enterprenuerial spirit in undergraduate students of BITS-Pilani. This award is supported by some generous students of the batch of 2006 and BITSAA.
- I support Juventus, an Italian Football (real Football) club. Forza Juve!
- And, I love my wife, who kindly designed this website (and not because she designed it!).
[firstname] "at" cs "dot" wisc "dot" edu
4360 Computer Sciences,
1210 W Dayton Street,
Madison, WI 53706