Date: Tue, 25 Feb 97 12:34:55 vst
Subject: dollar up ...

Hi Thanh

Dollar is 11.500-11.550 but the bank rate is still 11.170-11.190 resulting
in lots of headache for our payment system. Everybody requests dollars
because we usually pay in Vietnam dongs at bank rate. My salary has been
automatically decreased by 3-4% :-(.

Our soccer team was defeated by Indonesia 0-1. It is expected. Weigang took
the 50%-young national team to Malaysia. Best forwarders like Huynh Duc and
Hong Son rest at home. We are satisfied with the result and especially with
the spirit of our players who continued to attack until the last minute
despite the first lost goal at the 2nd minute.