Re: Looking for inform. on poverty alleviation.

For this information, You might want to look at the site:

http://www.serve.net/vietnam/pages/viet1478.htm

I am sure there are more sources, including the world bank, but I haven't
got a chance to read through.

There is also the Food for the Hungry programme. You can read some about
this at:

http://www.fh.org/wcn2/Vietnam-overview.html

I know Save the Children Program (USA) has done work in VN, but am don't
have their URL's at hand. Oddly enough, BP (British Petroleum) has given to
this, so there is some info at BP site:

http://www.bp.com./viet.html

Well, I took a minute to find the Save the Children, and here it is. You
might want to contact them directly for detailed info:

http://www.savethechildren.org/asia.html

Contrary to the idea that this info is difficult to find, I think it is
easy to find. Viet Nam still has poverty problem. If it exists, you'll find
it!

I <used> to know a bit more concerning the children's welfare, but haven't
kept up with contacts and information.

I can help further if you would like. However, I hope not to have to do
this in the next couple of days due to illness and also being a bit busy.

Are you in a time constrain about this?

Let me know. Hope the above info has been helpful to you.

If you are extremely serious about the subject, we can obtain some first
hand info. This will require some effort and a bit of time, but possible.

Toa`n