Re: Magyar

> when she hit a terrible ball, she cried out loud "Baszd meg" (sorry
> for the foul language to those who can understand what it means) -
> it's a four-letter word (f---) in English. I was amazed! Later on
> they said that she was fined for using that word, although she
> was sure that nobody would understand it.
>
> It must be a heartache for Hungarian people to see Monika become a
> US citizen and fluent with the English :-)

Szia Thanh and all,

I really admire the Magyars. Magyars' Land is just a "dda^'t ddi.a linh
nha^n kie^.t". There are many talents coming from this land, but almost
all of them become famous as they are no more Hungarian technically.

Among half a dozen ethnic Magyars who ever are Nobel prize laureats only
Szentgyorgyi Albert was a Hungarian citizen as he got this prize. Harsanyi
(game theory) for example escaped from Hungary in '56. Some other magyar
talents: Szilard Leo (physician, of cours he was also a Jewish), Neumann
Janos [better known as John von Neumann] (cybernetics, also Jewish), Soros
Gyorgy (finance magnat), etc. It is said that the Hungarian Jewish
community in New York still speaks Hungarian.

In relation to this I just remember Karacsony Sandor who characterized the
magyars as "szalmalang" (ngo.n lu+?a ro+m). I think he is right.

Ciao,
La^m.