Re: Quoting

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Thanh Dang Nguyen wrote:

> Although AnHai, our dear list owner just reminded all of us about
> the overuse of quoting in recent messages, it seems to me that
> some of you were still probably lazy enuff to include very looooooong
> stuffs in your postings. It's not my job to raise the voice over this
> issue again and again, but please be considerate and thoughtful towards
> other people on the list. Other than that, just simply because you don't
> have to pay for using the Internet, please keep in mind that it is an
> expensive thing that many other people could not afford. Save the money
> and bandwidth for reasonable purposes! Thanks for your cooperation!

Hi Thanh, thanks for raising your voice in support of our efforts. We are
determined to keep VNSA a forum of high-quality discussion; civil
polite, and considerate behaviors; free of small, information-void
chitchat, and having a DHS/NCS atmosphere. We do have the means to ensure
this, and will implement them whenever deemed necessary.

Also, for your information, the admin board are working on creating a
number of sublists. They can be expected some time in June. That will
greatly reduce the problem of irrelevant-mail bombardment.

More later, Hai.