Ringo/Cocker/Woodstock

Hey all,

> To^i bie^'t ngay la` ca'c ba'c se~ nhao nhao tra? lo+`i la` Paul thua^.n tay
> tra'i. Ta^'t nhie^n la` ddu'ng ro^`i nhu+ng chu+a ddu?. Ringo cu~ng thua^.n
> tay tra'i.

Thanks for the revelation. I didn't know that! BTW, how can we see that
a drummer is left-handed? About Ringo, he was the least significant
figure in the band, but probably he was the most funny guy (at least that
was my feeling when looking at his face in a picture). He was known for his
obssession for jewel and gold and diamond rings (that's why his nickname is
Ringo I guess). An interesting fact: after the break-up of The Beatles, he
had the most spectacular start in solo career among the four fabs in early
70's, in terms of the achieved Number One hits!

> 3. Who was the famous singer who took "With a Little Help from My Friends"
>    to number one in England? **

> Cha('c la` J. Cooker?

Yep, Joe Cocker! The most memorable performance of this song was conducted
by him and his own band at the Woodstock Festival in 1969, in front of
half a million hippies. Man, I wish I could be there ... For people who'd
like to know more about the anti-war "Flower Power" movement and the hippies
in the America during the late 60's, I would recommend the documentary
"Woodstock" (very nicely filmed), and the movie "The Strawberry Statement"
("Eper es Ver" in Hungarian). You can also check out "Easy Riders", if you
like loud and wild rock music. BTW, do you guys know of a famous song, "San
Francisco" by Scott McKenzie? I'd heard this song before when I was a kid
in Vietnam. Of course, at that time, I'd no idea of the hippies and so on.

    SAN FRANCISCO
            performed by Scott McKenzie

    If you're going to San Francisco
    Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
    If you're going to San Francisco
    You're gonna meet some gentle people there

    All those who come to San Francisco
    Summertime will be a love-in there
    In the streets of San Francisco
    Gentle people with flowers in their hair

    All across the nation, such a strange vibration
    People in motion
    There's a whole generation, with a new explanation
    People in motion, people in motion

    All those who come to San Francisco
    Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
    If you come to San Francisco
    Summertime will be a love-in there

The hippies told us 20 years ago: MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR!

Well, considering the overpopulation and all sort of thing like that,
I may say for today kids: MAKE MONEY, NOT WAR! :-)

Best,

-Thanh