Dylan

Hi bac AiViet and other fans,

> I still rememmber the album's cover: four guys and a girl on a convertible ...
> Btw, does anybody know Dalida ?

Me too! It was so cool for young kids like us in a poor country!
I don't know much of Dalida (because French pop music is not
popular), but I remember reading in a newspaper in Vietname long time
ago that she committed suicide. Is that correct?

> I admire the "My Sweet Lord" by George Harisson.

I guess you should know that George Harrison was charged of stealing
this song from somebody else. The debate was brought to court, and he
eventually lost it. Among the big names, Led Zeppelin was also
charged of commiting this sinful act in some of their bluesy songs
(IMO with good reasons) :-(

> Concerning the text, even most songs by Beatles were not great in text,
> especially at beginning.

You're right! But their titles probably make more sense than "Chirpy Chirpy
Chip Chip", or "Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum" from MotR :-)

> If you want good texts, try the pop giants like Bob Dylan ...

He's great! Minimal music with stunning lyrics. People who like poetry
should check him out.

Here is a very popular demonstration song written by him in the 60's.
I'm sure you've heard this song before, if not from him.

	BLOWIN' IN THE WIND
			written and performed by Bob Dylan

	How many roads must a man walk down
	Before you call him a man ?
	Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
	Before she sleeps in the sand ?
	Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
	Before they're forever banned ?
	The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
	The answer is blowin' in the wind

	How many times must a man look up
	Before he can see the sky ?
	Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man have
	Before he can hear people cry ?
	Yes, 'n' how many deaths will it take till he knows
	That too many people have died ?
	The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
	The answer is blowin' in the wind

	How many years can a moutain exist
	Before it's washed to the sea ?
	Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist
	Before they're allowed to be free ?
	Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head
	Pretending he just doesn't see ?
	The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
	The answer is blowin' in the wind

It's frustrating to me that "the answer is blowin' in the wind". I
definitely want a good answer for his questions!

Paul Simon is another very lyrical songwriter. "The Boxer", "Scaborough
Fair", "Sound of Silence", "I'm a Rock", and so on.

Hendrix was not really known for his lyrics, but his guitar playing
and talents and wildness. I would not recommend him for people who
like sirup pop music, that's for sure!

Cheers,

-Thanh