Re: Borland vs Microsoft

Hi ca'c ba'c, xin no'i leo mo^.t chu't:

>Generally people don't like something too dominant. However, it is not
>neccesary true to say that monopoly is bad.

Anything that can go wrong, will.

>Remmember that it is Microsoft
>who provide us (high end consumers) with user-friendly software, such as
>Windows 95 and office 97 enabling us to enhance our productivity and
>value added?

Don't be fooled. Xerox has the first GUI as far as I know, then Apple, then
comes
X-Window (of MIT?).
Microsoft only copied their idea, and their product was not good at all
(VERY VERY
BAD from the point of view of stability and security). DOS was not
user-friendly at all,
at the time Mac and X-Window were already there and friendly.
It was Norton who made it acceptable. Remember
Geoworks? Their windows (for PC) were much superior to that MS windows 3.0
at the
time, but they could not go far because of VERY UNFAIR commercial practices
of
Microsoft. Didn't you ask yourself why Microsoft dropped their win3.1 look
and feel and
chose what ressembles very much to that of a macintosh???

Did any one look at the way Microsoft Word stores its documents?
Can anyone say it's an intelligent way?

Microsoft killed and is killing many small or not so small companies which
produced better products than its. So take care! BTW, don't you see that
MS Win95 in Vietnamese did not use the existing coding standard of VN but
created its own is another bad practice?

>But the issue in this case is that MS push its competitors
>too far. It will soon get itself into trouble with a bunch of lawsuits
>ike Intel. This is just the very first one. I think gradually we will
>see many more to come.

I doubt that it can affect MS soon, though. Bill Gates is now buying also
the
most powerfull politicians in US. You can guess the outcome.

Cheers, Zung