We came up with personas which exemplified (and occasionally exaggerated) our users' concerns:
- Tony: A forgetful young man who likes to attend parties and stay out late.
- Leia: A motivated college student who wanted to find good ways to get home safely
- Krusty: A college student who wanted to optimize his time, never wanting to wait for stoplights or buses.
From these discussions, we agreed upon three potential design ideas. These were each roughly based on what we perceived as the main desires of each of our users.
- A "lost item" and daily path tracking application
- A nighttime "safe route" assistant which took safety and lighting into route consideration
- A universal route finder which calculates the fastest route among all different types of transportation