Mark D. Hill
John P. Morgridge Professor
Gene M. Amdahl Professor of CS
Computer Sciences Dept. Chair
Selected Professional Activities
Professional Organization Officer
- Computing Community Consortium (CCC)
Vice Chair, 2016-18; Executive Committee, 2014-present; Board, 2013-present.
- Member of Executive Committee for IEEE Technical Committee on Computer Architecture (TCCA), 2015-present.
- Member of Board of Directors for ACM SIGARCH (Special
Interest Group on Computer Architecture), 1993-2007.
- Information Director for ACM SIGARCH, 1995-2002.
(Co-)Led Service Efforts
21st Century Computer Architecture,
A community white paper,
Computing Community Consortium, May 25, 2012.
Local copy: pdf
Outbriefs : pptx and
Chinese translation by State Key Laboratory of Computer Architecture (SKL-Carch) and republication:
Computing Community Consortium (CCC), 21st Century Computer Architecture, Communication of the China Computer Federation (CCF), 2012, Volume 8, Issue 12, p70-81.
Advancing Computer Systems without Technology Progress
Mark D. Hill and Christos Kozyrakis,
ISAT Outbrief, April 17-18, 2012, of DARPA/ISAT Workshop, March 26-27, 2012.
- Computer Research Association (CRA) Committee on Best Practices
for Hiring, Promotion, and Scholarship, 2014-present.
- Information Science and Technology (ISAT) Study Group, 2010-2013, that reports to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) on research directions. On Steering Committee 2012-2013.
- Defense Science Study Group (DSSG), 1998-1999. Directed by the Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) and sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
National Academy Study Memberships
- ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA):
1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2005 (Chair), 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014.
- IEEE Micro Top Picks in Computer Architecture, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012.
- IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture
(HPCA), 1997, 2010, 2011.
- ACM/IEEE International Conference on Architectural Support for
Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), 1991, 1994, 1998, 2008.
- ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and
Implementation (PLDI), 2002.
- ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA), 1995, 2001.
- ACM Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems
- ACM Transactions on Parallel Computing (TOPC), 2013-2014
- ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS), 2003-2012.
- IEEE/TCCA Computer Architecture Letters, 2001-2010.
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 1994-1997.