Re: Beatles thread

Hi Tuan,

> he is telling a tale,but not singing.The music looks very simple at the
> first sight but the listener,anyhow, always gets emotional.

You get it correctly! Lennon's songs were always drawn from his own
painful suffering and experience, reflecting his views, his ideas,
his concerns in a certain time at a certain place. However, his
feelings are so universal that the listeners can almost always
identify themselves in his songs, be it about love ("Oh My Love",
"Oh Yoko", "All You Need Is Love"), jealousy ("Jealous Guy"), war
("I Don't Want To Be A Soldier", "Happy Xmas-War Is Over", "Give Peace A
Chance"), children ("Beautiful Boy", "Grow Old With Me"), pain ("Mother"),
politics ("Give Me Some Truth Now"), utopia ("Imagine"), and so on.
His feelings were always so real and intense and emotional. That's
why when his music was always simple, his songs were magical to many
people. We can always find something in his personal messages to the
world thru his own songs. I love him that way!

Last but not least, please remember that Lennon was also a gifted
artist not just as a musician, but also as a poet and prose writer.

> It is well-known in the crictics' world that the music of
> Beatles used very much the melody of the symphonies written by Beethoven.
> Even knowing that fact,i still really love his songs (perhaps because
> i find deja vu when listening to both the music of Beethoven and Beatles,
> or pehaps simply because i love the music of Beethoven ).

Beatles did have a rock'n'roll song entitled "Roll Over Beethoven", if
that's what you meant :-) But seriously, I don't see any direct
connection between Beethoven's music and rock'n'roll. Could you please
enlighten me a bit?

Here is yet-another-favorite song of mine from Lennon:

	How ?
		-- from Imagine, 1971 --

	How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?
	How can I go forward when I don't know which way to turn?
	How can I go forward into something that I'm not sure of?
	Oh no,
	Oh no.

	How can I have feeling if I don't know if it's a feeling?
	How can I feel something if I just don't know how to feel,
	How can I have feelings when my feelings have always been denied?
	Oh no,
	Oh no.

	How can I give love when I don't know what it is I'm giving?
	How can I give love when I just don't know how to give?
	How can I give love when love is something I aint never had?
	Oh no,
	Oh no.

	You know life can be long,
	And you have got to be so strong,
	And the world is so tough sometimes I feel I have had enough,
	Oh no,
	Oh no.

Rest in peace!

Cheers,