I am an Assistant Professor in the Computer Sciences Department at the University of Wisconsin-Madison since 2021. I’m a member of the NetLab and madNets groups. I study networking and systems, with a focus on building efficient and practical networked systems. My work is driven by emerging hardware, including customized interconnects, programmable network adapters/switches, and specialized endpoint computing/storage devices.
I am actively looking for students. If you are interested, feel free to email me.
Recently, we build systems/protocols/interfaces/utilities for composable rack-scale infrastructures.
- Memory Fabrics (CXL|Routable PCIe|ExpEther)
- Programmable Disaggregated Storage
- LEED develops a low-power and fast key-value store over SmartNIC JBOFs (SIGCOMM’23).
- eZNS provides an elastic and predictable zoned interface for small-zone ZNS SSDs (OSDI’23).
- Dremel configures the RocksDB adaptively over disaggregated storage (SIGMETRICS’22).
- Gimbal enables efficient multi-tenancy on NVMe-oF targets for SmartNIC JBOFs (SIGCOMM’21).
- Smart-(NIC|Switch) Assisted Computing
Zerui Guo, Wentao Hou, Chendong Wang
- Board Member: SmartNICs Summit (2021-present)
- Program Committee Member: OSDI 2024, NSDI 2024, SmartNICs Summit 2023, APNET 2023, SYSTOR 2023, SIGCOMM 2022, SmartNICs Summit 2022, SYSTOR 2021